Today was fairly low key. We ran some errands, found some Tupperware to ship our samples in, and did some exploring. Nick had a few meetings, so Susan and I ventured around Miraflores a bit. We had lunch at this nice little café, where I had yet another sandwich. The highlight of the meal was the apple crumble I had for dessert. Very refreshing and not overly sweet – exactly what I needed to cheer up from a dreary day.
After lunch, Susan and I walked along the coast. I use the term coast lightly, because the water was a very, very steep drop below us. We walked along the park that’s at the top of what I’ll call a mountain. There’s a mall built into the side of the mall with a lot of stores and some restaurants that overlook the ocean. We mostly scoped out the alpaca and llama stores, but ultimately left the mall without purchasing anything. After a bit more walking, we ended up at Sol Alpaca. I ended up purchasing four skeins of 100% baby alpaca yarn to knit myself a scarf. Alpaca is incredibly soft, but baby alpaca feels like heaven. It’s incredibly warm and fuzzy, and I can’t wait to wrap myself in a scarf when North Carolina eventually has temperatures below 90 degrees.
After some paperwork and other errands in the afternoon, Nick, Susan, and I enjoyed happy hour at one of the restaurants overlooking the ocean. After great conversation and icy cold beers, we walked for what seemed like forever and finally found a restaurant we could all agree on. No one had sandwiches, which is always a plus.
Tomorrow will be another day of battling customs, but it’s all for the good of the people of Huancavelica. We also get to check in at the Radisson and say farewell to the not-so-Best Western we’ve been staying in for the last two days.
No comments:
Post a Comment